jeudi 1 novembre 2007

France part 8



Ok, so it’s first of November. I’ve been living here 6 weeks. Wowowowoowow strange cool fun mega ok.

It’s the holidays - 12 days of which is really fun and I am very happy about this situation.

Last Friday one of the kids in one of the classes said ‘congratulations on your intervention’. I don’t really know what he meant by it but I said thanks anyway. Then he sang ‘we wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year’ to me. Crazy kids.

They all like Tectonic music or something like that. They stand around with their phones playing music loud doing the dance. Ha.

Also some of the kids had to write about their 'ideal school'.. a class full of about 15 boys. about 14/15. They wrote things like:

in my school there would be a free condom machine.

there would be free Smirnoff’s

we would have to have alcohol and weed

all the teachers would be replaced with sexy playmates

in my school we would have chickens in the playground

one of them named theirs the sex academy

ha. we have cows in a field next to the playground and one of them started saying 'free the cows! free the cows! ha-ha.

ok.

Again - crazy kids. And the BTS students asked me if I wanted to go drink beer with them.. They are 18 - 20.. But I didn’t think I was allowed too.. Because, well I’m not sure if I’m allowed to go out with students outside school hours. They are over 18 but I’m not sure so just said no.

On Sunday Sarah booked flights and hotel to come see me. Yayayyayaayayyaya. And I booked train tickets. 7th November she is coming. For 3 nights. Paris paris I’m dead excited. I wish it was now. But it’s not. Boo hiss.

On Monday I went into Metz and met up with Krista and Francois. We did shopping, had a couple beers then I came back to St Avold. I really needed to get out of the flat so that was fun. Then on Tuesday Krista texted me to see if she could stay at mine, so I said yes and went to the station and met her around 7. We drank wine and watched Bridget Jones then went to bed. The next day we went to Saarbucken in Germany. It’s only a 30 mins train ride from me.. Closer the Metz actually and I’m so glad I went. It’s such a nicer city than Metz. There’s way more shops, everything is cheaper, loads of cute little cafes. We went into one and got a baguette, it was so nice with cheese, ham, salami, mushrooms and curry sauce. They also toasted it lightly. We sat outside and there was a man playing clarinet in the cute cobbled-stoned street. I am going to go there more often.

Now I have a week of vacation left and I’m thinking about what to do. Hm hmh mh

Liz just called and is going to book some tickets to come see me tomorrow! Woo so I guess we'll spend one day in Metz, then the next in Saarbucken. fun.

(first picture is of clarinet man, 2nd is the a church in Saarbucken)

Aucun commentaire: